Sunday, July 10, 2005

Saving the lives of Helpless Carp!

Well yesterday, Atomic and I went out to shoot some video of the river front area for a project we are working on. At some point we decided to take a break from shooting and go chill by the river. As I was sitting there, I noticed a huge carp gasping for air in a shallow section of the river. Being the humane bastard that I am, I went over to help it get to deeper waters. I kind of zoned into my own little world while helping this giant fish move downstream. Before I knew it, a few people had gathered around the banks and were watching and encouraging me. Then they pointed out another fish that was in need of help a little ways upstream. I was still helping the first fish at the time, but then I started to go back and forth between the two fish. Nudging them in the right direction with a small stick. I eventually get the largest fish to the river. A small group of people up on the stone arch bridge were watching and started applauding. Atomic laughed a little and he said I was a Hero. I hadn't even really heard those people applauding until he pointed them out to me. I look up and give a wave. I think some guy snapped a picture of me, that or he was watching with binoculars, I couldn't really tell. Well I go back and help the second fish and the people along the banks were complimenting me on being a good samaritan and shit. Eventually the crowd disperses a little and I go to put my socks and shoes on. While i was sitting there putting them on, I noticed about three to four more fish getting caught in the shallows. As soon as I was done tieing my shoes, I get up and tell Atomic we have to go before I get stuck here helping hundreds of fish with an audience.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for helping the fish, but becoming the center of attention and feeling pressure to help every fish that came my way isn't something I wanted to get caught up in. Maybe I'll go back in a few days and just do that all day. Get a net and bucket and become the guardian angel of River Fish or some shit. Anyway, if you are down by those big concrete childrens blocks below the Stone Arch Bridge, give those fish a hand! Save the Fish!

I mildly enjoyed being recognized by those people though, especially for something I just started doing not even thinking anyone would notice.

Asylunt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home