Monday, February 06, 2006

Down tempo in a minor key...

Another Man's Done Gone

Good song Jeff Tweedy and Wilco resurrected. Unrecorded thoughts that Woodie Guthrie "scribbled" down at some point. A deep passing thought.

Something I can feel a connection with at this point. Moving back has had it's side effects. This past weekend after attending a party in my old neighborhood, I was takeing some friends home, and inadvertantly pulled into my old Apartment parking lot. A stupid, human thing to do. It shouldn't have had as much weight or relevance, but it busted me down. The up and down slide of my bi-polar mind balancing itself out. I am surronded by people now, interesting, imaginative, free thinking people, but I feel so damn isolated and alone. I want to open up and communicate, but at this point I worry about boring another with my issues, or not coming through clearly. Self-esteem issues, self doubt, that kind of junk.
I wanna girl to help me forget my past, I'm scared to death of long term relationships, I'm shy as fuck. I'm way too open, like why am I writing this shit? I am standing on a high cliff overlooking the rugged terrains over which I just came, seeing the errors I have made, how I could have better approached that situation/conversation/concept. I stand with my back towards the direction I am heading, forever reveling in the terrain of the past. If I could swing that perspective around and analyze where I am and what could be possibly ahead of me. How to navigate that future terrain so I won't have to analyze so much in retrospect.

I think there are times when I am riding the flow of the universe, and then there are times when it's going against me. Like standing in a blizzard in strong winds.

Denial is a powerful drug. Accepting something one doesn't wish to acknowledge can break a man down. Opening the mind to some new outlook on the universe can do the same to some.

I wish it was spring, I am not in the mood for Febuary at the moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wish it was spring, I am not in the mood for Febuary at the moment"

exactly how i think at the moment.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home