Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tuesdays on the Cheap

Aww, Minneapolis, what a wonderful city. I know that the story is the same no matter where you go. That in every city, all around the world, there are pubs and people get drunk and have a blast. Minneapolis just happens to carry some weight with it.

Odd recollections this morning as I tip toe around my friends who insisted on playing "Drink till you die, Mother fucker" last night. How is it that you can sit around a table of people you hardly know, drink some good crisp Hardcore Cider, and then converse in a way that makes you feel you've known each other all along. Why are some of us men so inept at talking to women we like? Why does alcohol continue to affect you into the next day, refreshed by that badly needed glass of water that you drank down due to dehydration. You are in bed, not feeling great, not feeling bad, then you drink a bunch of water and try and make your way downstairs, BAM!, it hits you, you can't fucking walk, you are still very much drunk.

Last night my good friends, Joe and Becky, and myself went out to see "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" at the dollar theatre in Hopkins. A decent flick, it certainly was better than I expected going into it. Afterwards we pick up another good friend, Nick. From there it's off to the Triple Rock for Tuesday 2 for 1s.

I know I have kept many in the dark on how things been going lately, just got caught up in the moment. I'm sure I'll get all deep and introspective soon enough and I'll let more out, but for now I'm just riding the wave and looking for a job.

It's nice that this blog has finally taken a turn from the tortured soul shit, but for some reason happiness is an emotion that's not so easily given up. I want it all to myself, it makes me greedy like money, I want more once I get a taste of a little. I'll try and get it out soon enough.

Mark Vollrath
Minneapolis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home