Thursday, February 23, 2006

Don't Get Lost in the Universe Alone

Stairing out of this second story doorway, overlooking a classic South Minneapolis alleyway, I marvel in the beauty of life, of nature, of reality. An interesting vibe is running through me. Picking it up, as if some black star deep in space had sent it through the ether to my conciousness. It is nice to see I can still recieve such vibes, been awhile since I've gotten lost in one.

The sun of the past few days has helped render some of the most beautiful imagery my mind has processed in quite awhile. Minnehaha Falls are awesome now, as they always are. The frozen crystals of ice spiraling off in some complex fractal pattern, while glowing a warm hue of blue. A small ecosystem of mosses and ferns exists behind the falls, primitive life thriving in the Minnesota winter.

A little on love. Love, this concept that had been associated with pain for awhile in my mind, has spun around and is now being examined with a very fresh perspective. It's wonderful. I don't know where I'm at for sure, but I feel the Universe has at least decided to put me in this awesome place, might as well enjoy it.

This blog will be taking a new turn for a bit. My father and I are doing a comic book together, and I've been writing a lot lately on my own. I think this will be the testing grounds for all that. I'm not wanting to overanalyze my life anymore, I'm sure I will again at some point, but for now I think I wanna do some storytelling.

The next 6 posts are gonna be the literary equivalent of the the Comic Book project, once my dad does some art for it, I'll put samples of that up as well. Just to get you started off...

Organic Mechanics
A Brief Introduction

Organic Mechanics(OM), is a story I'd thought up maybe three years ago or so. It is a complete work of fiction, but in it are some of the bare veins of my being. The thing is, the story never really came together. It was all over the place, various files of thoughts on my computer, long handwritten scribbles in various journals and comp books, and even music I'd recorded based off of the story. I started something in a script format at one point, but now, looking through all of this junk, I'm not sure there ever was a coherent story there or not. One of the big problems was that it was based off of raw thought patterns, so it felt very autobiographical. I don't think I could really write it until I got out of that pattern of thinking. The story had to complete itself.

The story follows a character, much like me, through a point in his life when he makes some discoveries about himself and the world around him, that seem to strip away reality.

It's a journey from day to day life, to the inner reaches of one's own mind. From thinking you understand, to actually understanding. It's dealing with what feels like insanity, getting into the circuitry of your mind and doing the rewiring your self. Letting go, moving on, accepting, embracing, etc...

Figuring out who you are, all that stuff. In this story, the character slips into unconciousness and takes up residency in his own mind. The mind in this case is an elaborate organic space, seemingly constructed from pure universal chaos. There is conduits and tunnels, infrastructure, layers of complexity layered upon one another. The residents of his mind are self-images, spanning into infinity with diverse traits and characteristics. The mind appears to be a place where the single mind of the character shares his existence with counter part minds from infinite universes with infinite possibilities. A place that is nothing and everything all at once. A core, or center, that seems to also be apart of something larger.

In this elaborate setting, he gets distracted, but the more he learns about himself and how things "are", the more he remembers and misses the beauty of the reality he left behind. It then becomes a struggle to climb back out of the rabbit hole, back to his life, back in reality.

Like I said, this will just be a rough over on here, I'm just writing to get the idea out, then I'll break it down into a more structured comic form.

I hope you all enjoy, and please leave comments.

Mark

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring it on already!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Robert A Vollrath said...

I forgot about Organic Mechanic.
That would make a great comic book!
How about I do some crazy art and if you don't like I'll use it for something else.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to kill my old blog as I was under attack. My new blog is more like your organic mechanic.If you comment on my blog please don't use my real name.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little on love. Love, this concept that had been associated with pain for awhile in my mind, has spun around and is now being examined with a very fresh perspective. It's wonderful. I don't know where I'm at for sure, but I feel the Universe has at least decided to put me in this awesome place, might as well enjoy it.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home